- Perfected animation with synchronized sounds and music.
- The Animations explored various animation techniques, such as storyboarding, which helped in the plotting and development of the animation, and actions coordinated with musical score.
- Made the first feature length colour cartoon.
- Use rotoscopeing for rendering realistic human characters.
Another area of interest for me is Japanese animation, some of the main animators are Osamu Tezuka
- Began his career as a manga artist.
- revolutionized the Japanese manga industry by it’s use of cinematic art direction, such as dramatic camera angles, pans and close ups instead of static imagery
- produced over 150.000 pages of manga over his life
- began Japans TV animation industry
- made the first coloured Tv animation in Japan.
and Studio Ghibli.
- The type of animation it produces is traditional hand-drawn animation
- Uses many themes in their films such as environmentalism, good and evil, anti war etc.
- Critically acclaimed for realistic expressionisms in it characters and scenes
- Very high quality cel animations, with a slight use of 3d graphics.
However, the production process of their films are very complex and are industry standard, I realised that I would have to highly simplify my work method for this project. It was then that I came across William Kentridge's films, and realised that his method of animation might be more suitable for this brief,
- He is an artist as well as an animator.
- His animations are combined with installation pieces in exhibition and theatre.
- He uses a raw and basic style of animation with charcoal drawings overdrawn on one piece of paper.
- He also mixes cutout, stop motion, live action and puppetry with his animations.
For my research in weeks 1 to 4 I have created a folder in which I have stored all the information in small summarys about each Studio and Animator I have studied from my bibliography.
No comments:
Post a Comment