I'm hoping to make an animation without any dialogue and hopefully its soundtrack will be composed of sound effects and music. So I decided to look into some musically focused animations.
Fantasia (1940) Disney

The first one I looked at was Fantasia since it was one of the first musically focused animations. The animations were made according to different feelings and stories felt when listening to the music. As well as animation, Fantasia had live action character incorporated into it.
On Your Mark (1995) Hayao Miyazaki

This is a music video produced by studio Ghibli. I think the character design is interesting in this short since they are based on the singers for the video and yet still are drawn in the Ghibli style. The colour scheme is quite innovative as it uses bright highly contrasting colours.
Interstealla 5555 (2003) Leiji Matsumoto
A feature length film in which the storyline is shown completely with visuals and music, with the exception of a few sound effects. The animation is also perfectly timed with the music in the film.
All images are taken from youtube.
No comments:
Post a Comment